We perform the tests for
• Hepatitis B Surface Antigen (HBsAg)
• Hepatitis C Virus (HCV)
• Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
• ABO and Rh(D) typing
• Antibody screening for all donations
• Determination of high titre all O agglutinins for group "O" donations.
We provide transfusing facilities with the following lifesaving blood products
• Packed red cells (PRC)
• Platelet concentrates (PRP)
• Fresh Frozen Plasma (FFP)
We store blood and Blood Product under the following conditions:
• Whole Blood and PRC at 2-6ºC for upto 35 days.
• FFP at -18ºC and below for 1 year.
• Platelets at 22-24ºC for upto 5 days.
National blood transfusion distributes blood and blood products to transfusing facilities. Transfusing facilities request blood and blood products from NBTS by filling in request forms according to their needs. It is a prerequisite that transfusing facilities provide feedback on how the previously received blood and blood products were utilized. This information is provided by filling feedback forms.